Faridkot abduction: Police denies releasing victim`s photo
Faridkot: The Faridkot district police has denied in a local court that it had held a press conference and released photographs of a minor girl, who was abducted at gun point from her house last year.
The denial of police came yesterday in the court of District and Sessions Judge Archna Puri.
Nishan Singh, a main accused in the abduction of minor girl had demanded from the court to direct police to produce video recording of press conference and photographs released by the police of minor on October 8 last year.
But police yesterday denied that they had ever held a press conference or released photographs on the same date.
In the meantime, victim family`s advocate also pleaded before the court that directions be issued to police to produce record of the Chandigarh Hotel where the main accused along with the victim girl stayed.
Accordingly, the court has ordered the police to produce the record of the hotel in the state capital.
The 15-year-old girl was allegedly kidnapped at gunpoint from here last year.
The victim`s father had told the court that six persons, including Nishan had forcibly entered their house after beating and injuring them with iron rods. They dragged the victim as they fired in the air and escaped in a car.
The girl had told the Court that she was first taken to Chandigarh, then to Delhi and later to Goa.
The police team rescued the girl from Goa. The victim claimed that she twice tried to escape from his captivity but was caught and beaten up.
All the 18 accused in the case have been arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued