Faridkot kidnapping: Accused acquitted in 10 cases earlier
Faridkot: The abductor of the minor girl, allegedly kidnapped from here at gunpoint and later found in Goa, was also involved in ten cases earlier, police said.
Nishan Singh, who along with 17 others had been charged with kidnapping the 15-year-old girl, had ten cases against him but had been acquitted in these, police said on Saturday.
Being juvenile, a court here had asked Singh to perform community service in a hospital or a religious place.
The girl, a class X student, was allegedly kidnapped at gunpoint at Faridkot on September 24 in full public view by Nishan Singh and his accomplices.
Police had arrested all the 18 accused, including the prime accused Singh, in this case.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India