Faridkot kidnapping: Accused acquitted in 10 cases earlier
Faridkot: The abductor of the minor girl, allegedly kidnapped from here at gunpoint and later found in Goa, was also involved in ten cases earlier, police said.
Nishan Singh, who along with 17 others had been charged with kidnapping the 15-year-old girl, had ten cases against him but had been acquitted in these, police said on Saturday.
Being juvenile, a court here had asked Singh to perform community service in a hospital or a religious place.
The girl, a class X student, was allegedly kidnapped at gunpoint at Faridkot on September 24 in full public view by Nishan Singh and his accomplices.
Police had arrested all the 18 accused, including the prime accused Singh, in this case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka