Faridkot kidnapping: Accused acquitted in 10 cases earlier
Faridkot: The abductor of the minor girl, allegedly kidnapped from here at gunpoint and later found in Goa, was also involved in ten cases earlier, police said.
Nishan Singh, who along with 17 others had been charged with kidnapping the 15-year-old girl, had ten cases against him but had been acquitted in these, police said on Saturday.
Being juvenile, a court here had asked Singh to perform community service in a hospital or a religious place.
The girl, a class X student, was allegedly kidnapped at gunpoint at Faridkot on September 24 in full public view by Nishan Singh and his accomplices.
Police had arrested all the 18 accused, including the prime accused Singh, in this case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'