Faridkot kidnapping: Accused acquitted in 10 cases earlier
Faridkot: The abductor of the minor girl, allegedly kidnapped from here at gunpoint and later found in Goa, was also involved in ten cases earlier, police said.
Nishan Singh, who along with 17 others had been charged with kidnapping the 15-year-old girl, had ten cases against him but had been acquitted in these, police said on Saturday.
Being juvenile, a court here had asked Singh to perform community service in a hospital or a religious place.
The girl, a class X student, was allegedly kidnapped at gunpoint at Faridkot on September 24 in full public view by Nishan Singh and his accomplices.
Police had arrested all the 18 accused, including the prime accused Singh, in this case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug