Faridkot kidnapping accused threatens girl`s famil
Faridkot: Faridkot jail authorities are under scanner after the main accused in the alleged kidnapping of a 15-year-old girl at gunpoint from her house in full public view, allegedly made a threatening call to the victim`s father from the prison.
The 23-year-old accused, Nishan Singh, who is allegedly close to some Akali leaders, had made a call to the victim`s father from the prison on the night of January 16 threatening him not to depose against him in the case, Faridkot SSP G S Toor today said.
"The jail authorities have been put under investigations after the development," he said.
Following the fresh allegations, police have slapped another case under Information Technology Act against the accused, who is already facing at least 18 criminal charge.
A local court has remanded Nishan in two days police custody for making the threatening call.
The girl was allegedly kidnapped at gunpoint by Nishan and his associates from her house in September last year. Later, the two were picked up by the police from Goa.
All the 18 accused in the case are behind bars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16