Faridkot kidnapping accused threatens girl`s famil
Faridkot: Faridkot jail authorities are under scanner after the main accused in the alleged kidnapping of a 15-year-old girl at gunpoint from her house in full public view, allegedly made a threatening call to the victim`s father from the prison.
The 23-year-old accused, Nishan Singh, who is allegedly close to some Akali leaders, had made a call to the victim`s father from the prison on the night of January 16 threatening him not to depose against him in the case, Faridkot SSP G S Toor today said.
"The jail authorities have been put under investigations after the development," he said.
Following the fresh allegations, police have slapped another case under Information Technology Act against the accused, who is already facing at least 18 criminal charge.
A local court has remanded Nishan in two days police custody for making the threatening call.
The girl was allegedly kidnapped at gunpoint by Nishan and his associates from her house in September last year. Later, the two were picked up by the police from Goa.
All the 18 accused in the case are behind bars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday