Faridkot kidnapping: Minor girl says police threatened her
Faridkot: The minor girl, who was allegedly abducted from here at gunpoint and later found in Goa with her kidnapper, today said some police officers had threatened her not to speak against the accused in the case.
At a rally organised by Joint Action Committee, formed to take up her cause, her advocates read out a statement in which she said some police officers had threatened her that her life would be in danger if she spoke out against the accused.
She also said that initially her abductors had taken her in a car to Moga, from where she was taken to Chandigarh and then Goa.
Members of the JAC demanded a CBI probe into the incident, alleging that local police had failed to carry out a fair probe.
Last week, the minor girl was successfully operated upon for medical termination of her six-week pregnancy at the behest of her parents.
A local court on November 21 had allowed her parents to take her custody. She was earlier lodged in Jalandhar`s Nari Niketan, after she refused to undergo medical examination and join her parents.
The girl was allegedly abducted by one Nishan Singh at gunpoint from her house on September 24 and found in Goa a month later with him.
Prime accused Nishan Singh was recently arrested in connection with the kidnapping.
Police have arrested all the 18 accused in this case, including the mother of prime accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why