Faridkot kidnapping: Minor girl says police threatened her
Faridkot: The minor girl, who was allegedly abducted from here at gunpoint and later found in Goa with her kidnapper, today said some police officers had threatened her not to speak against the accused in the case.
At a rally organised by Joint Action Committee, formed to take up her cause, her advocates read out a statement in which she said some police officers had threatened her that her life would be in danger if she spoke out against the accused.
She also said that initially her abductors had taken her in a car to Moga, from where she was taken to Chandigarh and then Goa.
Members of the JAC demanded a CBI probe into the incident, alleging that local police had failed to carry out a fair probe.
Last week, the minor girl was successfully operated upon for medical termination of her six-week pregnancy at the behest of her parents.
A local court on November 21 had allowed her parents to take her custody. She was earlier lodged in Jalandhar`s Nari Niketan, after she refused to undergo medical examination and join her parents.
The girl was allegedly abducted by one Nishan Singh at gunpoint from her house on September 24 and found in Goa a month later with him.
Prime accused Nishan Singh was recently arrested in connection with the kidnapping.
Police have arrested all the 18 accused in this case, including the mother of prime accused.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'