Farmer’s land not to be acquired without their consent: Badal
Chandigarh: With farmers in Jalandhar averse to acquisition of their land for construction of a residential colony, Punjab Chief minister Parkash Singh Badal on Sunday ruled out the possibility saying not even an inch of their land could be taken away without their consent.
"The state government has already laid down a clear cut policy of land pooling under which not even an inch of land can be acquired without the consent of the people," Badal told reporters in Jalandhar.
Resentment was brewing among farmers in Jalandhar with reports about a possible acquisition of 380 acres of their land by the Jalandhar Improvement Trust under a government scheme to build a residential colony in the town.
However, Badal reassured the farmers that they would not be uprooted under any circumstances and said he had asked the Trust to review the scheme.
Meanwhile, Punjab government sent a convoy of 120 trucks carrying cattle feed and fodder to Leh to help the flood-hit people there.
25 trucks laden with cattle feed from Markfed have been sent to Leh from Jalandhar and 95 trucks of fodder from Kapurthala, Taran Tarn, Amritsar, Hoshiarpur and Gurdaspur, Badal said.
In addition to it, as many as 380 more trucks of cattle feed and fodder would be sent to Leh from the districts of Gurdaspur, Hoshiarpur, Amritsar, Jalandhar, Taran Tarn, Nawanshahar, Kapurthala , Ludhiana and Fatehgarh Sahib daily for the next four days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- Kareena Kapoor Khan opens up on her pregnancy, says she is proud of it!
- PHOTO (Inside): Not for the faint-hearted! Saina Nehwal shares image of her knee's broken bone
- 'Domestic airfares to decline at lower rate in Q2'
- US, Ukraine to conduct observation flights over Russia
- 25-year-old woman gang-raped, two arrested