Farmers to block national highways on March 9
Moga: To press for an increase in the Minimum
Support Price for food grain crops, farmers from the northern
region will block all the national highways leading to Delhi
on March 9, Bhartiya Kisan Union said on Wednesday.
During the protest the farmers will demand remunerative
prices for wheat and paddy crops after considering actual
production cost and market rate for agricultural land acquired
by state government or private players, said Ajmer Singh
Lakhowal, President of the Punjab faction of BKU.
"No body will be allowed to enter Delhi on March 9 as
farmers from Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan will
block all the national highways that lead entry into Delhi,"
The indefinite road block will be led by BKU National
President Mohinder Singh Tikait until the demands are met,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- SHOCKING! Heads of Moroccan Islamist movement caught having sex on the beach
- Saturn's moon Dione reveals its contrasting features to NASA's Cassini! - See pic
- Divine coincidence! After 5000 years, this 'shubh muhurat' occurs again on Krishna Janmashtami this year—FIND OUT
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh to visit Kashmir on Wednesday
- No water for OP Jaisha: Here's what Virat Kohli's former coach Rajkumar Sharma has to say about it