Farmers to block national highways on March 9
Moga: To press for an increase in the Minimum
Support Price for food grain crops, farmers from the northern
region will block all the national highways leading to Delhi
on March 9, Bhartiya Kisan Union said on Wednesday.
During the protest the farmers will demand remunerative
prices for wheat and paddy crops after considering actual
production cost and market rate for agricultural land acquired
by state government or private players, said Ajmer Singh
Lakhowal, President of the Punjab faction of BKU.
"No body will be allowed to enter Delhi on March 9 as
farmers from Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan will
block all the national highways that lead entry into Delhi,"
The indefinite road block will be led by BKU National
President Mohinder Singh Tikait until the demands are met,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim writer, accused of insulting God, attacked in Kerala
- Gujarat Dalit victims say 'gau rakshaks' could have burnt them alive
- OnePlus 3 Soft Gold edition hitting the stores today
- Baar Baar Dekho: Brand new ‘Kala Chashma’ still featuring Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra
- 1st Test, Day 1 – Sri Lanka vs Australia - As it happened...