Farooq Abdullah pays obeisance at Golden Temple
Amritsar: Union minister Farooq Abdullah today paid obeisance at Golden Temple here.
After paying the homage, Abdullah visited langar (community kitchen) and inspected the solar heating plant and solar energy plant here.
"Recently installed solar energy plant was operating successfully and producing 25 megawatt electricity for the Golden Temple," said the Union minister for new and renewable energy.
One more plant was also being installed by the Centre, which would produce electricity in bulk and would enable the temple to meet demand of electricity up to good extent, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore