Farooq Abdullah pays obeisance at Golden Temple
Amritsar: Union minister Farooq Abdullah today paid obeisance at Golden Temple here.
After paying the homage, Abdullah visited langar (community kitchen) and inspected the solar heating plant and solar energy plant here.
"Recently installed solar energy plant was operating successfully and producing 25 megawatt electricity for the Golden Temple," said the Union minister for new and renewable energy.
One more plant was also being installed by the Centre, which would produce electricity in bulk and would enable the temple to meet demand of electricity up to good extent, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees