Farooq Abdullah pays obeisance at Golden Temple
Amritsar: Union minister Farooq Abdullah today paid obeisance at Golden Temple here.
After paying the homage, Abdullah visited langar (community kitchen) and inspected the solar heating plant and solar energy plant here.
"Recently installed solar energy plant was operating successfully and producing 25 megawatt electricity for the Golden Temple," said the Union minister for new and renewable energy.
One more plant was also being installed by the Centre, which would produce electricity in bulk and would enable the temple to meet demand of electricity up to good extent, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part II
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part III
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II
- Kejriwal gives one week deadline to discoms to solve outages problem
- French Open 2016: Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray through as Angelique Kerber exits
- 'Asian Century' largely depends on India, China: Pranab Mukherjee
- Beijing medals at risk for Russia after positive re-tests
- IPL 2016: AB de Villiers, Iqbal Abdullah take RCB into final with stunning win over GL in Qualifier 1