Fast track court set up for crime against women
Ambala: A fast track court has been set up in Ambala district court complex to deal especially with crime against women, particularly sexual assault and rape cases.
Additional Sessions Judge Vimlesh Tanwar will be its special judge. Public prosecutor Dinesh Bajaj has been shifted to this court to plead the cases of victim women.
The cases related to dowry death and women atrocities will also be taken up in this court, official sources said here.
As many as 80 cases of sexual assault and crime against women which were pending in various courts have been transferred to the fast track court.
Some of the high profile murder cases have also been shifted to this court.
Several woman activists and social organisations while welcoming this move said that victim women would get speedy justice after the initiation of special fast track court in Ambala.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`