Fast track court set up for crime against women
Ambala: A fast track court has been set up in Ambala district court complex to deal especially with crime against women, particularly sexual assault and rape cases.
Additional Sessions Judge Vimlesh Tanwar will be its special judge. Public prosecutor Dinesh Bajaj has been shifted to this court to plead the cases of victim women.
The cases related to dowry death and women atrocities will also be taken up in this court, official sources said here.
As many as 80 cases of sexual assault and crime against women which were pending in various courts have been transferred to the fast track court.
Some of the high profile murder cases have also been shifted to this court.
Several woman activists and social organisations while welcoming this move said that victim women would get speedy justice after the initiation of special fast track court in Ambala.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam