Fast track court set up for crime against women
Ambala: A fast track court has been set up in Ambala district court complex to deal especially with crime against women, particularly sexual assault and rape cases.
Additional Sessions Judge Vimlesh Tanwar will be its special judge. Public prosecutor Dinesh Bajaj has been shifted to this court to plead the cases of victim women.
The cases related to dowry death and women atrocities will also be taken up in this court, official sources said here.
As many as 80 cases of sexual assault and crime against women which were pending in various courts have been transferred to the fast track court.
Some of the high profile murder cases have also been shifted to this court.
Several woman activists and social organisations while welcoming this move said that victim women would get speedy justice after the initiation of special fast track court in Ambala.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter