Fast track court set up for crime against women
Ambala: A fast track court has been set up in Ambala district court complex to deal especially with crime against women, particularly sexual assault and rape cases.
Additional Sessions Judge Vimlesh Tanwar will be its special judge. Public prosecutor Dinesh Bajaj has been shifted to this court to plead the cases of victim women.
The cases related to dowry death and women atrocities will also be taken up in this court, official sources said here.
As many as 80 cases of sexual assault and crime against women which were pending in various courts have been transferred to the fast track court.
Some of the high profile murder cases have also been shifted to this court.
Several woman activists and social organisations while welcoming this move said that victim women would get speedy justice after the initiation of special fast track court in Ambala.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy