Father murders married daughter, buries body with help of sons
Chandigarh: In a case of suspected honour killing, a man allegedly murdered his married 21-year-old daughter and then allegedly buried her body with the help of his two juvenile sons to conceal the crime in Haryana`s Karnal district, police said.
Haryana Police on January 7 arrested Rajbir, the father of the woman, who during investigations, confessed that he had allegedly murdered his daughter on October 30 last year.
Later on the night of November 2 last year, Rajbir, his brother-in-law Rajinder and one more accused dug out the body of victim Kusum, transported it in a car and had it thrown in the Augmentation Canal near village Rawar, Karnal, a Haryana Government release said here.
According to the release, Kusum of Gharaunda, district Karnal and Karmbir of Chaduni Jattan, Shahbad, Kurukshetra had eloped and got secretly married at a temple in Panchkula in July last year, but soon after their marriage the couple had some differences and the wife started living separately.
The victim had even lodged a police complaint against her husband and some in-laws alleging harassment while a case of the woman having gone missing mysteriously was also lodged by Karmbir later on.
On January 11, Rajbir was produced before a Karnal court and remanded in three days` police custody.
A maternal uncle of the victim, with whom she had stayed briefly, had also been apprehended and further investigations into the case are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Heat wave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan Lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India