Father murders married daughter, buries body with help of sons
Chandigarh: In a case of suspected honour killing, a man allegedly murdered his married 21-year-old daughter and then allegedly buried her body with the help of his two juvenile sons to conceal the crime in Haryana`s Karnal district, police said.
Haryana Police on January 7 arrested Rajbir, the father of the woman, who during investigations, confessed that he had allegedly murdered his daughter on October 30 last year.
Later on the night of November 2 last year, Rajbir, his brother-in-law Rajinder and one more accused dug out the body of victim Kusum, transported it in a car and had it thrown in the Augmentation Canal near village Rawar, Karnal, a Haryana Government release said here.
According to the release, Kusum of Gharaunda, district Karnal and Karmbir of Chaduni Jattan, Shahbad, Kurukshetra had eloped and got secretly married at a temple in Panchkula in July last year, but soon after their marriage the couple had some differences and the wife started living separately.
The victim had even lodged a police complaint against her husband and some in-laws alleging harassment while a case of the woman having gone missing mysteriously was also lodged by Karmbir later on.
On January 11, Rajbir was produced before a Karnal court and remanded in three days` police custody.
A maternal uncle of the victim, with whom she had stayed briefly, had also been apprehended and further investigations into the case are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'