Fazilaka will attain the status of a District soon: Jiyani
Chandigarh: Minister for Technical education and Transport, Surjit Kumar Jiyani proclaimed that “it’s a matter of few days only when Fazilka will attain the status of a district in Punjab”. He also assured that “Akali-BJP alliance in Punjab is going strong and we are committed to deliver the promises before the elections”.
Inducted recently into the Punjab Ministry after the Khurana corruption scandal, this BJP MLA from Fazilka says politics for him is not a bed of roses but a thorny crown.
“I am committed to develop my constituency”, he asserts.
Although Jiyani is well connected with the people of Fazilka, yet not everyone seems to be singing in sync with this suave politician, as Gagan Chauhan, reporter and Producer of ‘Satsriakal Pradhan ji’ himself observed filth all around the city when he visited Fazilka.
From a hardcore RSS volunteer to a BJP MLA from Fazilka, Jiyani has been active in politics for more than three decades and has held the portfolio as a Minister of Forests in 1997.
Living in his village home in Katehra, watch this man of simplicity doling out childhood memories with a naughty smile, as well, in ‘Satsriakal Pradhan Ji’ on Sunday at 7.30 PM only on Zee Punjabi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre