Fill vacant NRI quota seats for MBBS, BDS: CM
Chandigarh: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Wednesday directed the Medical Education and Research Department to ensure filling of vacant NRI quota for MBBS and BDS seats in all medical and dental colleges in the state.
Badal said the seats should be filled on the basis of PMET merit under the guidelines issued by Medical Council of India (MCI) and Dental Council of India (DCI) in a transparent manner, a CMO spokesperson said here today.
There were 63 seats of MBBS and 175 seats of BDS lying vacant under the NRI quota in various medical and dental colleges in the state, the spokesperson said.
Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot would conduct counseling for NRI quota seats for MBBS on September 14 and for BDS on September 15, he said.
He said only 14 applications under NRI quota had been received till date.
The spokesperson said in view of the chief minister`s orders, all seats of NRI quota remaining vacant after September 15 must be filled as per merit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof