Fill vacant NRI quota seats for MBBS, BDS: CM
Chandigarh: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Wednesday directed the Medical Education and Research Department to ensure filling of vacant NRI quota for MBBS and BDS seats in all medical and dental colleges in the state.
Badal said the seats should be filled on the basis of PMET merit under the guidelines issued by Medical Council of India (MCI) and Dental Council of India (DCI) in a transparent manner, a CMO spokesperson said here today.
There were 63 seats of MBBS and 175 seats of BDS lying vacant under the NRI quota in various medical and dental colleges in the state, the spokesperson said.
Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot would conduct counseling for NRI quota seats for MBBS on September 14 and for BDS on September 15, he said.
He said only 14 applications under NRI quota had been received till date.
The spokesperson said in view of the chief minister`s orders, all seats of NRI quota remaining vacant after September 15 must be filled as per merit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?