Fill vacant NRI quota seats for MBBS, BDS: CM
Chandigarh: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Wednesday directed the Medical Education and Research Department to ensure filling of vacant NRI quota for MBBS and BDS seats in all medical and dental colleges in the state.
Badal said the seats should be filled on the basis of PMET merit under the guidelines issued by Medical Council of India (MCI) and Dental Council of India (DCI) in a transparent manner, a CMO spokesperson said here today.
There were 63 seats of MBBS and 175 seats of BDS lying vacant under the NRI quota in various medical and dental colleges in the state, the spokesperson said.
Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot would conduct counseling for NRI quota seats for MBBS on September 14 and for BDS on September 15, he said.
He said only 14 applications under NRI quota had been received till date.
The spokesperson said in view of the chief minister`s orders, all seats of NRI quota remaining vacant after September 15 must be filled as per merit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!