Fire breaks out in Ludhiana camp office of Manish Tewari
Ludhiana: A fire broke on Sunday out in the camp office of Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari in Sarabha Nagar area here, causing minor damage to the office equipment.
The incident took place around 11 am, a fire department official said.
Two fire tenders of the Ludhiana Municipal Corporation were used to douse the fire.
By the time the flames could be controlled, one Air Conditioner, a computer and furniture lying in the office were gutted, the official said.
A caretaker present at the office had informed the fire department about the incident.
Electric short circuit is believed to be the cause behind the fire, Fire Officer J S Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam