Fire breaks out in Ludhiana camp office of Manish Tewari
Ludhiana: A fire broke on Sunday out in the camp office of Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari in Sarabha Nagar area here, causing minor damage to the office equipment.
The incident took place around 11 am, a fire department official said.
Two fire tenders of the Ludhiana Municipal Corporation were used to douse the fire.
By the time the flames could be controlled, one Air Conditioner, a computer and furniture lying in the office were gutted, the official said.
A caretaker present at the office had informed the fire department about the incident.
Electric short circuit is believed to be the cause behind the fire, Fire Officer J S Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened