Fire in Pathankot bank, data destroyed
Pathankot: A fire broke out in a branch of State Bank of Patiala here, destroying a large amount of data, police said today.
According to preliminary inquiry, the fire was caused by short circuit in the computer room last night and was controlled after two hours of fire fighting operations assisted by police.
No loss of life was reported due to the fire.
The data loss due to the fire in the computer room could be huge, Pathankot DSP Rajit Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs