Chandigarh: A major fire broke out in the old record room of the Punjab and Haryana High Court on Sunday destroying most of the files related to various cases.
The fire broke out in the wee hours at the record room, situated on the ground floor of the court, officials said, adding, most of the records were gutted in the blaze which was
brought under control by five fire tenders after around four hours.
However no casualties were reported, they said.
The cause of the fire is being ascertained, they said, adding, short circuit is suspected to be the reason behind the fire.