Fire in Punjab and Haryana High Court
Chandigarh: A major fire broke out in the old record room of the Punjab and Haryana High Court on Sunday destroying most of the files related to various cases.
The fire broke out in the wee hours at the record room, situated on the ground floor of the court, officials said, adding, most of the records were gutted in the blaze which was
brought under control by five fire tenders after around four hours.
However no casualties were reported, they said.
The cause of the fire is being ascertained, they said, adding, short circuit is suspected to be the reason behind the fire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?