Fire in Punjab and Haryana High Court
Chandigarh: A major fire broke out in the old record room of the Punjab and Haryana High Court on Sunday destroying most of the files related to various cases.
The fire broke out in the wee hours at the record room, situated on the ground floor of the court, officials said, adding, most of the records were gutted in the blaze which was
brought under control by five fire tenders after around four hours.
However no casualties were reported, they said.
The cause of the fire is being ascertained, they said, adding, short circuit is suspected to be the reason behind the fire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'