Fire in Punjab and Haryana High Court
Chandigarh: A major fire broke out in the old record room of the Punjab and Haryana High Court on Sunday destroying most of the files related to various cases.
The fire broke out in the wee hours at the record room, situated on the ground floor of the court, officials said, adding, most of the records were gutted in the blaze which was
brought under control by five fire tenders after around four hours.
However no casualties were reported, they said.
The cause of the fire is being ascertained, they said, adding, short circuit is suspected to be the reason behind the fire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured