Fire in UCO bank building in Chandigarh
Chandigarh: A minor fire broke out in a bank on Saturday, causing damage to furniture and some records kept there, a fire official said.
The fire broke out at about 7:30 AM on top floor of the UCO Bank building located in Sector 17 Bank Square, Chandigarh Station Fire Officer M L Sharma said.
Office furniture, computers and some records were gutted in the fire, he said.
Five fire tenders were pressed into service to douse the flames, caused due to an electric short-circuit, Sharma said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation – Part II
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof