Five drug peddlers get 10 yrs RI
Moga: Five drug peddlers were sentenced to 10 years rigorous imprisonment each by two different courts here.
The court of Additional Sessions Judge Karamjit Kang yesterday convicted and sentenced two drug peddlers Buta Singh of Harnamsingh Wala in Bathinda district and Sukhdev Singh of Ramphura Phul near Bathinda.
According to the prosecution, the police had on January 04, 2009 seized 60 kg poppy husk from the duo near Jawaharsingh Wala village and a case was registered against them under the NDPS Act.
In another case, the court of Additional District and Sessions Judge Harpal Singh sentenced two brothers Harnek Singh and Nirmal Singh of Rajyana village of Moga district and Mandar Singh of Chak Kalyani.
On the basis of a tip-off, the police had arrested the trio during a regular vehicle checking near Malke village on April 18, 2009 and recovered 3.50 quintal of poppy husk from their possession.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery