Five drug peddlers get 10 yrs RI
Moga: Five drug peddlers were sentenced to 10 years rigorous imprisonment each by two different courts here.
The court of Additional Sessions Judge Karamjit Kang yesterday convicted and sentenced two drug peddlers Buta Singh of Harnamsingh Wala in Bathinda district and Sukhdev Singh of Ramphura Phul near Bathinda.
According to the prosecution, the police had on January 04, 2009 seized 60 kg poppy husk from the duo near Jawaharsingh Wala village and a case was registered against them under the NDPS Act.
In another case, the court of Additional District and Sessions Judge Harpal Singh sentenced two brothers Harnek Singh and Nirmal Singh of Rajyana village of Moga district and Mandar Singh of Chak Kalyani.
On the basis of a tip-off, the police had arrested the trio during a regular vehicle checking near Malke village on April 18, 2009 and recovered 3.50 quintal of poppy husk from their possession.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next