Five drug peddlers get 10 yrs RI
Moga: Five drug peddlers were sentenced to 10 years rigorous imprisonment each by two different courts here.
The court of Additional Sessions Judge Karamjit Kang yesterday convicted and sentenced two drug peddlers Buta Singh of Harnamsingh Wala in Bathinda district and Sukhdev Singh of Ramphura Phul near Bathinda.
According to the prosecution, the police had on January 04, 2009 seized 60 kg poppy husk from the duo near Jawaharsingh Wala village and a case was registered against them under the NDPS Act.
In another case, the court of Additional District and Sessions Judge Harpal Singh sentenced two brothers Harnek Singh and Nirmal Singh of Rajyana village of Moga district and Mandar Singh of Chak Kalyani.
On the basis of a tip-off, the police had arrested the trio during a regular vehicle checking near Malke village on April 18, 2009 and recovered 3.50 quintal of poppy husk from their possession.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India