Five drug peddlers get 10 yrs RI
Moga: Five drug peddlers were sentenced to 10 years rigorous imprisonment each by two different courts here.
The court of Additional Sessions Judge Karamjit Kang yesterday convicted and sentenced two drug peddlers Buta Singh of Harnamsingh Wala in Bathinda district and Sukhdev Singh of Ramphura Phul near Bathinda.
According to the prosecution, the police had on January 04, 2009 seized 60 kg poppy husk from the duo near Jawaharsingh Wala village and a case was registered against them under the NDPS Act.
In another case, the court of Additional District and Sessions Judge Harpal Singh sentenced two brothers Harnek Singh and Nirmal Singh of Rajyana village of Moga district and Mandar Singh of Chak Kalyani.
On the basis of a tip-off, the police had arrested the trio during a regular vehicle checking near Malke village on April 18, 2009 and recovered 3.50 quintal of poppy husk from their possession.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India