Five held in Punjab with RDX, detonators, heroin
Amritsar: Five people have been arrested from a village in Punjab and six kilograms of RDX as well 20 detonators, time-devices and heroin recovered from them, police said Thursday.
The special operation cell of the intelligence wing of Punjab Police raided a village in this border district follow a tip-off, said a senior official.
"We have arrested five accused and recovered six kilograms of RDX, 20 detonators, 10 time-devices, 10 metres of fuse wire and two kilograms heroin from their possession," the official told a news agency on condition of anonymity.
"Right now we are not in a position to tell from where they had procured these explosives and drugs. Their interrogation is on and very soon we will unearth the truth. We will look into all aspects and also try to ascertain whether they have any foreign links," he added.
On May 30 last month, the special operation cell had arrested a terrorist of the banned outfit Khalistan Liberation Force (KLF) Bakshish Singh alias Baba and recovered 2.3 kilograms RDX from his possession.
He was involved in several terrorist activities in Punjab and Haryana.
This year, police have arrested at least nine terrorists belonging to different banned groups. Besides, they have twice recovered explosives near Indian Air Force stations in Punjab.
A car with two kilograms of explosives was found near a busy railway station here last month. The vehicle carried a fake Delhi registration number.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH