Five held in Punjab with RDX, detonators, heroin
Amritsar: Five people have been arrested from a village in Punjab and six kilograms of RDX as well 20 detonators, time-devices and heroin recovered from them, police said Thursday.
The special operation cell of the intelligence wing of Punjab Police raided a village in this border district follow a tip-off, said a senior official.
"We have arrested five accused and recovered six kilograms of RDX, 20 detonators, 10 time-devices, 10 metres of fuse wire and two kilograms heroin from their possession," the official told a news agency on condition of anonymity.
"Right now we are not in a position to tell from where they had procured these explosives and drugs. Their interrogation is on and very soon we will unearth the truth. We will look into all aspects and also try to ascertain whether they have any foreign links," he added.
On May 30 last month, the special operation cell had arrested a terrorist of the banned outfit Khalistan Liberation Force (KLF) Bakshish Singh alias Baba and recovered 2.3 kilograms RDX from his possession.
He was involved in several terrorist activities in Punjab and Haryana.
This year, police have arrested at least nine terrorists belonging to different banned groups. Besides, they have twice recovered explosives near Indian Air Force stations in Punjab.
A car with two kilograms of explosives was found near a busy railway station here last month. The vehicle carried a fake Delhi registration number.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA