Five killed in Chandigarh accident
Chandigarh: At least five people were killed and 15 others injured when a luxury bus and a car collided in Chandigarh Saturday morning, police said.
Among the dead in the accident in Sector 45 area were three occupants of the car and two passengers of the bus.
The bus caught fire after the accident but it was soon doused, police said.
The injured were rushed to the Sector 32 Government Medical College and Hospital.
The bus was going from Dharamsala in Himachal Pradesh to New Delhi.
The accident occurred at a traffic signal. Police said they were trying to ascertain whether the signal was working at the time of the accident.
Both the vehicles are believed to be at high speed at the time of the accident, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price