Five killed in Chandigarh accident
Chandigarh: At least five people were killed and 15 others injured when a luxury bus and a car collided in Chandigarh Saturday morning, police said.
Among the dead in the accident in Sector 45 area were three occupants of the car and two passengers of the bus.
The bus caught fire after the accident but it was soon doused, police said.
The injured were rushed to the Sector 32 Government Medical College and Hospital.
The bus was going from Dharamsala in Himachal Pradesh to New Delhi.
The accident occurred at a traffic signal. Police said they were trying to ascertain whether the signal was working at the time of the accident.
Both the vehicles are believed to be at high speed at the time of the accident, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan