Five killed in Chandigarh accident
Chandigarh: At least five people were killed and 15 others injured when a luxury bus and a car collided in Chandigarh Saturday morning, police said.
Among the dead in the accident in Sector 45 area were three occupants of the car and two passengers of the bus.
The bus caught fire after the accident but it was soon doused, police said.
The injured were rushed to the Sector 32 Government Medical College and Hospital.
The bus was going from Dharamsala in Himachal Pradesh to New Delhi.
The accident occurred at a traffic signal. Police said they were trying to ascertain whether the signal was working at the time of the accident.
Both the vehicles are believed to be at high speed at the time of the accident, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM