Five killed in separate road mishaps in Punjab
Patiala: Five persons, including three minors, were killed in two separate road mishaps in the district, police said on Saturday.
Dimpy (25) and Rajni (14) were killed and three others injured near local bus stand early this morning when a multi-utility vehicle hit a group of five girls who were walking on the road side, they said.
The girls after paying obeisance at Kali Devi Mandir on Mall Road where on way back their residence in Matura Colony when they were hit by the vehicle.
According to police, the vehicle driver was trying to overtake a car and could not spot the girls on road "due to fog."
Jyoti, Shalu and Gugghu were injured in the accident.
Meanwhile, a woman and her two children were killed and her husband critically wounded, after their motorcycle was hit by a truck in Rajpura on GT road last night, police said.
Navjot Kaur (40), Ramandeep (12) and Gagandeep Kaur (9) were killed in the mishap, they said adding, Dalbir Singh has been admitted to Gian Sagar Hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read