Five robbers nabbed, arms seized in Punjab
Sangrur (Pb): Police on Tuesday overpowered a gang of five robbers after a brief exchange of fire near Ranchana village under the jurisdiction of Dhuri Police station, SSP Harcharan Singh Bhullar said.
Acting on a tip off, a police party was following the robbers, Bhullar said adding, they were planning to rob `Arhtiyas` (commission agents) and farmers amid the ongoing wheat procurement season.
On spotting the police, the robbers opened fire, but were finally taken into custody after the police retaliated, the SSP said.
The arrested robbers were identified as Bablu, Sukhjinder Singh alias Kala, Jagwant Singh alias Banti, Satgur Singh and Harjinder Singh.
A jeep, a motorcycle, five country made pistols of .32 bore and .315 bore and over a dozen cartridges were seized from them.
He said that police have registered a case against the accused and further investigations are under progress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- ICC World T20: Pakistan announce 15-man squad; Shahid Afridi to lead, Ahmed Shehzad dropped
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming