Five robbers nabbed, arms seized in Punjab
Sangrur (Pb): Police on Tuesday overpowered a gang of five robbers after a brief exchange of fire near Ranchana village under the jurisdiction of Dhuri Police station, SSP Harcharan Singh Bhullar said.
Acting on a tip off, a police party was following the robbers, Bhullar said adding, they were planning to rob `Arhtiyas` (commission agents) and farmers amid the ongoing wheat procurement season.
On spotting the police, the robbers opened fire, but were finally taken into custody after the police retaliated, the SSP said.
The arrested robbers were identified as Bablu, Sukhjinder Singh alias Kala, Jagwant Singh alias Banti, Satgur Singh and Harjinder Singh.
A jeep, a motorcycle, five country made pistols of .32 bore and .315 bore and over a dozen cartridges were seized from them.
He said that police have registered a case against the accused and further investigations are under progress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi