Fiza case: `Rat poison found in viscera`
Chandigarh: The viscera report of Anuradha Bali alias Fiza Mohammad shows the presence of rat poison in her stomach, a report said on Saturday.
The report by Chemical Laboratory at Kharar was sent to Civil Hospital, Phase VI Mohali earlier this week.
Fiza, who had shot to fame after she married former deputy chief minister of Haryana Chander Mohan, was found dead under mysterious circumstances in her house in Mohali on August 06.
Her body was found in a decomposed state. Maggots and other insects had eaten away portions of her body, including her face, when it was found in her home.
Her post-mortem did not reveal any external injury, doctors had said.
She went missing in November 2008 with Chander Mohan. They reappeared in early December 2008 as a married couple after embracing Islam.
They got secretly married in Meerut in Uttar Pradesh and changed their names from Chander Mohan to Chand Mohammed and from Anuradha Bali to Fiza.
Following the controversy over his affair and second marriage, Chander Mohan, elder son of three-time Haryana chief minister Bhajan Lal, lost his job in the Bhupinder Singh Hooda government.
The marriage lasted hardly 40 days, with Chander Mohan suddenly leaving her house Jan 28, 2009 and then did not communicate with her at all. He did a volte face a few weeks later but left her for good after that.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre