Fiza`s death: Crime Branch summons social activist
Bulandhshar: A social activist has been summoned by the Mohali police after his number was found in the call records of two mobile phones of Anuradha Bali alias Fiza, the estranged second wife of former Haryana Deputy Chief Minister Chander Mohan found dead on Monday.
Activist Salim Alvi, who hails from Bulandhshahr, was summoned by the Crime branch of Mohali police after his number was found in the call details of both the phones, SSP Gulab Singh said.
Alvi will reach Mohali tomorrow to appear before police.
The activist has claimed that Fiza wanted to contest elections from here and was set to come here on August 9.
Alvi claimed he knew Fiza since 2009 and was in regular contact with her since then. He said that he had accompanied Fiza on January 23 last year to a medical institute in Haridwar for treatment of her mother who was suffering from cancer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof