Fiza`s death: Crime Branch summons social activist
Bulandhshar: A social activist has been summoned by the Mohali police after his number was found in the call records of two mobile phones of Anuradha Bali alias Fiza, the estranged second wife of former Haryana Deputy Chief Minister Chander Mohan found dead on Monday.
Activist Salim Alvi, who hails from Bulandhshahr, was summoned by the Crime branch of Mohali police after his number was found in the call details of both the phones, SSP Gulab Singh said.
Alvi will reach Mohali tomorrow to appear before police.
The activist has claimed that Fiza wanted to contest elections from here and was set to come here on August 9.
Alvi claimed he knew Fiza since 2009 and was in regular contact with her since then. He said that he had accompanied Fiza on January 23 last year to a medical institute in Haridwar for treatment of her mother who was suffering from cancer.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs