Fiza`s death: Crime Branch summons social activist
Bulandhshar: A social activist has been summoned by the Mohali police after his number was found in the call records of two mobile phones of Anuradha Bali alias Fiza, the estranged second wife of former Haryana Deputy Chief Minister Chander Mohan found dead on Monday.
Activist Salim Alvi, who hails from Bulandhshahr, was summoned by the Crime branch of Mohali police after his number was found in the call details of both the phones, SSP Gulab Singh said.
Alvi will reach Mohali tomorrow to appear before police.
The activist has claimed that Fiza wanted to contest elections from here and was set to come here on August 9.
Alvi claimed he knew Fiza since 2009 and was in regular contact with her since then. He said that he had accompanied Fiza on January 23 last year to a medical institute in Haridwar for treatment of her mother who was suffering from cancer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement