Fiza`s death: Crime Branch summons social activist
Bulandhshar: A social activist has been summoned by the Mohali police after his number was found in the call records of two mobile phones of Anuradha Bali alias Fiza, the estranged second wife of former Haryana Deputy Chief Minister Chander Mohan found dead on Monday.
Activist Salim Alvi, who hails from Bulandhshahr, was summoned by the Crime branch of Mohali police after his number was found in the call details of both the phones, SSP Gulab Singh said.
Alvi will reach Mohali tomorrow to appear before police.
The activist has claimed that Fiza wanted to contest elections from here and was set to come here on August 9.
Alvi claimed he knew Fiza since 2009 and was in regular contact with her since then. He said that he had accompanied Fiza on January 23 last year to a medical institute in Haridwar for treatment of her mother who was suffering from cancer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi