Fiza’s post-mortem report out, suggests she died of poisoning
Mohali: Fiza aka Anuradha Bali`s post-mortem report, submitted on Monday to the Special Investigation Team of the Mohali Police, suggested she had died of poisoning.
The 3-member Medical Board, which handed over the report to the SIT, had opined that Fiza had died due to poisoning by aluminium phosphide in the presence of ethyl alcohol.
The SIT officials did not comment on the report citing technical reasons.
SIT chief S P Swarndeep Singh was not available for comments. A senior official, on condition of anonymity, said they were not in a position to comment as they were seeking some clarifications.
The post-mortem report, prepared by doctors P S Bhatti, Neera Verma and Sukhwinder Kaur, said "the cause of death in our opinion, is poisoning due to aluminium phosphide in the presence of ethyl alcohol."
The highly decomposed body of 39-year-old Fiza, the estranged second wife of former Haryana Deputy Chief Minister Chander Mohan, was found at her Mohali residence a month ago.
The police had not found any suicide note from Fiza`s house.
Fiza had shot into limelight four years ago following her controversial marriage to Chander Mohan, son of former Haryana Chief Minister Bhajan Lal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand