Fiza’s post-mortem report out, suggests she died of poisoning
Mohali: Fiza aka Anuradha Bali`s post-mortem report, submitted on Monday to the Special Investigation Team of the Mohali Police, suggested she had died of poisoning.
The 3-member Medical Board, which handed over the report to the SIT, had opined that Fiza had died due to poisoning by aluminium phosphide in the presence of ethyl alcohol.
The SIT officials did not comment on the report citing technical reasons.
SIT chief S P Swarndeep Singh was not available for comments. A senior official, on condition of anonymity, said they were not in a position to comment as they were seeking some clarifications.
The post-mortem report, prepared by doctors P S Bhatti, Neera Verma and Sukhwinder Kaur, said "the cause of death in our opinion, is poisoning due to aluminium phosphide in the presence of ethyl alcohol."
The highly decomposed body of 39-year-old Fiza, the estranged second wife of former Haryana Deputy Chief Minister Chander Mohan, was found at her Mohali residence a month ago.
The police had not found any suicide note from Fiza`s house.
Fiza had shot into limelight four years ago following her controversial marriage to Chander Mohan, son of former Haryana Chief Minister Bhajan Lal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks