Flesh trade racket busted, 9 arrested in Punjab
Moga: Punjab Police Thursday arrested nine persons, including five women, and claimed to have busted a flesh trade racket operating in the city.
On a tip off, a team raided the house of kingpin Swaran Kaur near Patwar Khana area of the city late last night and nabbed nine persons, police said.
During interrogation, Kaur confessed to her involvement in the crime, they said, adding that all the nine persons have been booked under the immoral trafficking Act.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- India deeply appreciates US' engagement in Asia-Pacific: Ashton Carter
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative