Flesh trade racket busted in Jalandhar, 6 arrested
Jalandhar: Police on Sunday claimed to have busted a flesh trade racket with the arrest of six persons, including three Army personnel, from Urban state area here.
On a tip-off, a special police party raided a MIG flat in Urban state area and arrested six persons, including three Army personnel Ashwani, Shyama Prasad and Surjeet Singh.
Out of the three women arrested by the police, one woman runs a flesh trade racket, assistant police commissioner Sarabjit Singh said.
All six accused have been booked under Immoral Trafficking (Prevention) Act.
Defence spokesman Naresh Vig said if found guilty the required action will be taken against the three Army personnel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra