Flesh trade racket busted in Jalandhar, 6 arrested
Jalandhar: Police on Sunday claimed to have busted a flesh trade racket with the arrest of six persons, including three Army personnel, from Urban state area here.
On a tip-off, a special police party raided a MIG flat in Urban state area and arrested six persons, including three Army personnel Ashwani, Shyama Prasad and Surjeet Singh.
Out of the three women arrested by the police, one woman runs a flesh trade racket, assistant police commissioner Sarabjit Singh said.
All six accused have been booked under Immoral Trafficking (Prevention) Act.
Defence spokesman Naresh Vig said if found guilty the required action will be taken against the three Army personnel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...