Fog engulfs Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: A thick blanket of fog engulfed
entire Punjab and Haryana affecting rail, road and air traffic even as minimum temperature in the region shot up by about two
"Most areas of Punjab and Haryana remained engulfed in
dense fog reducing visibility to just 200 metres," the MeT
Most of the trains bound towards Amritsar, Pathankot and
Bathinda ran hours behind schedule. Besides, air operations
too remained badly affected in the region, officials said.
Dense fog resulted in frequent disruption of power and water supply in some parts of the region adding to the woes of the people.
Narnaul was coldest with a night temperature of 1.5 degrees Celsius, four notches below normal.
While Amritsar shivered at 2.5 degrees Celsius, the
minimum temperature at Karnal was 3.8 degrees Celsius, three
notches below normal.
Among other places in the plains of Punjab and Haryana,
Ludhiana braved a low of 4.5 degrees Celsius, two notches
below normal, followed by 4.6 degrees Celsius at Patiala, one
notch below normal, 5.7 degrees Celsius at Chandigarh and 5.6 degrees celsius at Hisar.
While Rohtak had a low of 3.1 degrees Celsius, four
notches below normal, the minimum at Ambala was 6.3 degrees
The MeT has forecast dry weather in the region with dense
foggy conditions and mist and haze at most places for another
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police