Fog plays havoc in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Fog crippled normal life in most parts of Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh on Sunday throwing air, rail and road traffic out of gear even as minimum temperature in the region rose due to cloudy sky.
A thick blanket of fog enveloped most parts of Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh this morning affecting air, rail and road traffic in the region, officials said here.
While most of the flights from Chandigarh airport were cancelled or re-scheduled, several trains criss-crossing the region, including Shan-e Punjab and Howrah-Amritsar Mail were running hours behind schedule due to low visibility.
Besides, the motorists on the highways and state roads were moving at snail`s pace.
The minimum temperatures hovered between four degrees celsius below normal to two notches above normal in the region, the Met office said here.
Hisar was the coldest place in the plains of Punjab and Haryana with a low of 2.2 degrees celsius, four notches below normal.
While Narnaul settled at a low of 3 degrees celsius, three notches below normal, the minimum temperature at Bhiwani was 3.2 degrees celsius.
Among other places, Amritsar braved a low of 5.2 degrees celsius, two notches above normal, followed by Chandigarh 6.7 degrees celsius, one notch above normal. The low at Patiala was 7.8 degrees celsius, two notches above normal.
The Met department has forecast a drop in minimum temperatures in the region during the next 24 hours with foggy and misty conditions to continue in the days ahead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Tamil Nadu SSLC Results 2015 on tnresults.nic.in