Fog plays havoc in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Fog crippled normal life in most parts of Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh on Sunday throwing air, rail and road traffic out of gear even as minimum temperature in the region rose due to cloudy sky.
A thick blanket of fog enveloped most parts of Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh this morning affecting air, rail and road traffic in the region, officials said here.
While most of the flights from Chandigarh airport were cancelled or re-scheduled, several trains criss-crossing the region, including Shan-e Punjab and Howrah-Amritsar Mail were running hours behind schedule due to low visibility.
Besides, the motorists on the highways and state roads were moving at snail`s pace.
The minimum temperatures hovered between four degrees celsius below normal to two notches above normal in the region, the Met office said here.
Hisar was the coldest place in the plains of Punjab and Haryana with a low of 2.2 degrees celsius, four notches below normal.
While Narnaul settled at a low of 3 degrees celsius, three notches below normal, the minimum temperature at Bhiwani was 3.2 degrees celsius.
Among other places, Amritsar braved a low of 5.2 degrees celsius, two notches above normal, followed by Chandigarh 6.7 degrees celsius, one notch above normal. The low at Patiala was 7.8 degrees celsius, two notches above normal.
The Met department has forecast a drop in minimum temperatures in the region during the next 24 hours with foggy and misty conditions to continue in the days ahead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video