Fog plays havoc in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Fog crippled normal life in most parts of Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh on Sunday throwing air, rail and road traffic out of gear even as minimum temperature in the region rose due to cloudy sky.
A thick blanket of fog enveloped most parts of Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh this morning affecting air, rail and road traffic in the region, officials said here.
While most of the flights from Chandigarh airport were cancelled or re-scheduled, several trains criss-crossing the region, including Shan-e Punjab and Howrah-Amritsar Mail were running hours behind schedule due to low visibility.
Besides, the motorists on the highways and state roads were moving at snail`s pace.
The minimum temperatures hovered between four degrees celsius below normal to two notches above normal in the region, the Met office said here.
Hisar was the coldest place in the plains of Punjab and Haryana with a low of 2.2 degrees celsius, four notches below normal.
While Narnaul settled at a low of 3 degrees celsius, three notches below normal, the minimum temperature at Bhiwani was 3.2 degrees celsius.
Among other places, Amritsar braved a low of 5.2 degrees celsius, two notches above normal, followed by Chandigarh 6.7 degrees celsius, one notch above normal. The low at Patiala was 7.8 degrees celsius, two notches above normal.
The Met department has forecast a drop in minimum temperatures in the region during the next 24 hours with foggy and misty conditions to continue in the days ahead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery