Foggy morning in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Fog descended on several parts of Punjab and Haryana in the morning hours today, making it the third consecutive foggy day in the two northern states, affecting traffic due to poor visibility levels.
According to a MeT official here, Chandigarh and most places in Punjab and Haryana like Ludhiana, Patiala, Karnal, Ambala, Hisar, among others, were engulfed in fog, with poor visibility leading to traffic snarls.
The minimum temperatures in the two states were settled above normal levels.
Chandigarh recorded 8.2 degrees Celsius temperature, one notch above normal.
In Punjab, Amritsar registered 10.6 degrees Celsius, six notches above normal, while Ludhiana`s minimum temperature settled at 9.4 degrees, three notches above normal.
Patiala recorded 8.6 degrees while Adampur`s temperature settled at 10.3 degrees.
Hisar and Ambala in Haryana also recorded above normal temperatures at 7.7 degrees and 8.3 degrees, respectively.
Narnaul and Bhiwani recorded a minimum temperature of 7 degrees Celsius each.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan