Foggy morning in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Fog descended on several parts of Punjab and Haryana in the morning hours today, making it the third consecutive foggy day in the two northern states, affecting traffic due to poor visibility levels.
According to a MeT official here, Chandigarh and most places in Punjab and Haryana like Ludhiana, Patiala, Karnal, Ambala, Hisar, among others, were engulfed in fog, with poor visibility leading to traffic snarls.
The minimum temperatures in the two states were settled above normal levels.
Chandigarh recorded 8.2 degrees Celsius temperature, one notch above normal.
In Punjab, Amritsar registered 10.6 degrees Celsius, six notches above normal, while Ludhiana`s minimum temperature settled at 9.4 degrees, three notches above normal.
Patiala recorded 8.6 degrees while Adampur`s temperature settled at 10.3 degrees.
Hisar and Ambala in Haryana also recorded above normal temperatures at 7.7 degrees and 8.3 degrees, respectively.
Narnaul and Bhiwani recorded a minimum temperature of 7 degrees Celsius each.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part IV
- Chennai: Woman Infosys employee stabbed to death at railway station
- AIR to launch channel for cross-border listeners
- Golfer Vani Kappor grabs her 5th title of the season
- REVEALED: Virat Kohli reveals the number of tattoos on his body!
- As Britain decides to exit EU, Scotland mulls second vote on independence from UK
- Pope Francis visits Armenia with Mideast peace message