Foggy morning in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Fog descended on several parts of Punjab and Haryana in the morning hours today, making it the third consecutive foggy day in the two northern states, affecting traffic due to poor visibility levels.
According to a MeT official here, Chandigarh and most places in Punjab and Haryana like Ludhiana, Patiala, Karnal, Ambala, Hisar, among others, were engulfed in fog, with poor visibility leading to traffic snarls.
The minimum temperatures in the two states were settled above normal levels.
Chandigarh recorded 8.2 degrees Celsius temperature, one notch above normal.
In Punjab, Amritsar registered 10.6 degrees Celsius, six notches above normal, while Ludhiana`s minimum temperature settled at 9.4 degrees, three notches above normal.
Patiala recorded 8.6 degrees while Adampur`s temperature settled at 10.3 degrees.
Hisar and Ambala in Haryana also recorded above normal temperatures at 7.7 degrees and 8.3 degrees, respectively.
Narnaul and Bhiwani recorded a minimum temperature of 7 degrees Celsius each.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured