Forced prostitution: Accused in police custody
Phagwara: A minor girl`s mother, accused
of forcing her daughter into flesh trade, was remanded in
police custody on Friday even as the Punjab Women`s Commission
took cognisance of the incident.
The victim`s mother Dimple Sethi of Mansa Devi Nagar,
who was arrested last night, was produced before the judicial
magistrate who remanded her to one-day police custody.
Sethi`s friend, Rani, also an accused in the case is
A panel of Punjab State Women`s Commission would soon
visit Phagwara to meet the girl and get first hand information
Kiranjot Kaur, a commission member, said the panel
will also assess the action taken by police in this regard.
Punjab Social Security, Women and Child Welfare
minister Prof Laxami Kanta Chawla met the girl yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok