Forced prostitution: Accused in police custody
Phagwara: A minor girl`s mother, accused
of forcing her daughter into flesh trade, was remanded in
police custody on Friday even as the Punjab Women`s Commission
took cognisance of the incident.
The victim`s mother Dimple Sethi of Mansa Devi Nagar,
who was arrested last night, was produced before the judicial
magistrate who remanded her to one-day police custody.
Sethi`s friend, Rani, also an accused in the case is
A panel of Punjab State Women`s Commission would soon
visit Phagwara to meet the girl and get first hand information
Kiranjot Kaur, a commission member, said the panel
will also assess the action taken by police in this regard.
Punjab Social Security, Women and Child Welfare
minister Prof Laxami Kanta Chawla met the girl yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates
- 'Rustom' POSTER: Akshay Kumar's intense act will leave you asking for more!