Forced prostitution: Accused in police custody
Phagwara: A minor girl`s mother, accused
of forcing her daughter into flesh trade, was remanded in
police custody on Friday even as the Punjab Women`s Commission
took cognisance of the incident.
The victim`s mother Dimple Sethi of Mansa Devi Nagar,
who was arrested last night, was produced before the judicial
magistrate who remanded her to one-day police custody.
Sethi`s friend, Rani, also an accused in the case is
A panel of Punjab State Women`s Commission would soon
visit Phagwara to meet the girl and get first hand information
Kiranjot Kaur, a commission member, said the panel
will also assess the action taken by police in this regard.
Punjab Social Security, Women and Child Welfare
minister Prof Laxami Kanta Chawla met the girl yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!