Foreign money seeks to revive terror in Punjab: Govt
New Delhi: Some people abroad are sending money to "certain intermediaries" in Punjab to revive terrorism in the state, Parliament was informed on Tuesday.
Minister of State for Home RPN Singh told the Lok Sabha that this money was also meant to be paid to jailed terrorists and their families in Punjab.
"The matter is under investigation," he said in a written statement.
According to the minister, intelligence inputs suggested that Babbar Khalsa International (BKI) operatives were getting funds from abroad to commit terrorist activities in India.
He said the National Investigation Agency had registered cases against BKI activists under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh