Foreign money seeks to revive terror in Punjab: Govt
New Delhi: Some people abroad are sending money to "certain intermediaries" in Punjab to revive terrorism in the state, Parliament was informed on Tuesday.
Minister of State for Home RPN Singh told the Lok Sabha that this money was also meant to be paid to jailed terrorists and their families in Punjab.
"The matter is under investigation," he said in a written statement.
According to the minister, intelligence inputs suggested that Babbar Khalsa International (BKI) operatives were getting funds from abroad to commit terrorist activities in India.
He said the National Investigation Agency had registered cases against BKI activists under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP wins 82 seats in nail-biting finish, Shiv Sena 84; Uddhav, Fadnavis non-committal on alliance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP triumphs across state; hung verdict in BMC elections
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test