Foreign money seeks to revive terror in Punjab: Govt
New Delhi: Some people abroad are sending money to "certain intermediaries" in Punjab to revive terrorism in the state, Parliament was informed on Tuesday.
Minister of State for Home RPN Singh told the Lok Sabha that this money was also meant to be paid to jailed terrorists and their families in Punjab.
"The matter is under investigation," he said in a written statement.
According to the minister, intelligence inputs suggested that Babbar Khalsa International (BKI) operatives were getting funds from abroad to commit terrorist activities in India.
He said the National Investigation Agency had registered cases against BKI activists under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed