Foreign money seeks to revive terror in Punjab: Govt
New Delhi: Some people abroad are sending money to "certain intermediaries" in Punjab to revive terrorism in the state, Parliament was informed on Tuesday.
Minister of State for Home RPN Singh told the Lok Sabha that this money was also meant to be paid to jailed terrorists and their families in Punjab.
"The matter is under investigation," he said in a written statement.
According to the minister, intelligence inputs suggested that Babbar Khalsa International (BKI) operatives were getting funds from abroad to commit terrorist activities in India.
He said the National Investigation Agency had registered cases against BKI activists under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!