Foreign money seeks to revive terror in Punjab: Govt
New Delhi: Some people abroad are sending money to "certain intermediaries" in Punjab to revive terrorism in the state, Parliament was informed on Tuesday.
Minister of State for Home RPN Singh told the Lok Sabha that this money was also meant to be paid to jailed terrorists and their families in Punjab.
"The matter is under investigation," he said in a written statement.
According to the minister, intelligence inputs suggested that Babbar Khalsa International (BKI) operatives were getting funds from abroad to commit terrorist activities in India.
He said the National Investigation Agency had registered cases against BKI activists under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!