Former Punjab MLA shot at, dies on way to hospital
Chandigarh: Former Punjab MLA Malkit Singh Keetu on Monday died after he was shot at allegedly by his nephew in Moga district over a property dispute, a senior police official said.
67-year-old Keetu died while being taken to hospital, Moga`s Senior Superintendent of Police, Surjit Singh said over phone.
The incident occurred at Bilaspur village under Nihalsingh Wala in Moga this morning, he said.
The SSP said that Keetu, a former Shiromani Akali Dal MLA from Barnala, used to live in his house in Bilaspur and in Barnala.
He said that Keetu`s two nephews Harpreet and Jaspreet arrived at his Moga house this morning.
"Keetu had just come out after taking a bath. He had a towel wrapped around him when his two nephews reached there and entered into altercation with him. The two were accompanied by three more accomplices.
"In the altercation over some property dispute, Harpreet pumped bullets from a .315 bore pistol. Keetu died while he was being taken to hospital," he said.
A case has been registered and further investigations were under progress, the SSP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog