Four arrested for trading in newly born infants
Ludhiana: Punjab police today arrested four
persons including a woman for running a racket of buying and
selling newly born infants and even those still in the womb.
Gang leader Rinkle alias Rinku Sehgal, who worked as a
PRO attached to various maternity hospitals in the city told
police that he kept track of children born to unwed mothers or
girls who sought to abort their babies to run the racket,
Ludhiana ADCP Sushil Kumar said.
Normally, he would buy an infant for Rs 40,000 and sold
it for Rs 4 lakh, he said.
Rinkle along with his three accomplices including a
mid-wife has been arrested, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH