Four arrested for trading in newly born infants
Ludhiana: Punjab police today arrested four
persons including a woman for running a racket of buying and
selling newly born infants and even those still in the womb.
Gang leader Rinkle alias Rinku Sehgal, who worked as a
PRO attached to various maternity hospitals in the city told
police that he kept track of children born to unwed mothers or
girls who sought to abort their babies to run the racket,
Ludhiana ADCP Sushil Kumar said.
Normally, he would buy an infant for Rs 40,000 and sold
it for Rs 4 lakh, he said.
Rinkle along with his three accomplices including a
mid-wife has been arrested, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America