Four arrested for trading in newly born infants
Ludhiana: Punjab police today arrested four
persons including a woman for running a racket of buying and
selling newly born infants and even those still in the womb.
Gang leader Rinkle alias Rinku Sehgal, who worked as a
PRO attached to various maternity hospitals in the city told
police that he kept track of children born to unwed mothers or
girls who sought to abort their babies to run the racket,
Ludhiana ADCP Sushil Kumar said.
Normally, he would buy an infant for Rs 40,000 and sold
it for Rs 4 lakh, he said.
Rinkle along with his three accomplices including a
mid-wife has been arrested, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach