Four arrested for trading in newly born infants
Ludhiana: Punjab police today arrested four
persons including a woman for running a racket of buying and
selling newly born infants and even those still in the womb.
Gang leader Rinkle alias Rinku Sehgal, who worked as a
PRO attached to various maternity hospitals in the city told
police that he kept track of children born to unwed mothers or
girls who sought to abort their babies to run the racket,
Ludhiana ADCP Sushil Kumar said.
Normally, he would buy an infant for Rs 40,000 and sold
it for Rs 4 lakh, he said.
Rinkle along with his three accomplices including a
mid-wife has been arrested, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- Huge blow for Arvind Kejriwal ahead of MCD elections, AAP MLA Ved Prakash joins BJP