Four arrested for trading in newly born infants
Ludhiana: Punjab police today arrested four
persons including a woman for running a racket of buying and
selling newly born infants and even those still in the womb.
Gang leader Rinkle alias Rinku Sehgal, who worked as a
PRO attached to various maternity hospitals in the city told
police that he kept track of children born to unwed mothers or
girls who sought to abort their babies to run the racket,
Ludhiana ADCP Sushil Kumar said.
Normally, he would buy an infant for Rs 40,000 and sold
it for Rs 4 lakh, he said.
Rinkle along with his three accomplices including a
mid-wife has been arrested, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch