Four arrested in ASI death case in Tarn Taran
Amritsar: Four people have been arrested by Tarn Taran police after the death of an Assistant Sub Inspector (ASI) under mysterious circumstances.
DIG Border Range Amritsar Parmraj Umranangal said on Friday that a total of nine were booked and so far only four were arrested under Section 304 of the IPC (culpable homicide not amounting to murder).
Kulbir Singh`s body was found on Tuesday night at Geobala village in the border district of Tarn Taran.
The ASI was part of a police team conducting raid at a meeting of farmers unions who were planning to disrupt rail traffic to press for their demands.
According to the police, when the team reached the spot, they were allegedly held hostage by the farmers.
However, farmers have alleged that the ASI was drunk, he panicked after seeing the huge gathering and ran away from the spot, following which he got a heart attack.
The family members of the police officer have claimed that he was beaten to death by the farmers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?