Four arrested in ASI death case in Tarn Taran
Amritsar: Four people have been arrested by Tarn Taran police after the death of an Assistant Sub Inspector (ASI) under mysterious circumstances.
DIG Border Range Amritsar Parmraj Umranangal said on Friday that a total of nine were booked and so far only four were arrested under Section 304 of the IPC (culpable homicide not amounting to murder).
Kulbir Singh`s body was found on Tuesday night at Geobala village in the border district of Tarn Taran.
The ASI was part of a police team conducting raid at a meeting of farmers unions who were planning to disrupt rail traffic to press for their demands.
According to the police, when the team reached the spot, they were allegedly held hostage by the farmers.
However, farmers have alleged that the ASI was drunk, he panicked after seeing the huge gathering and ran away from the spot, following which he got a heart attack.
The family members of the police officer have claimed that he was beaten to death by the farmers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!