Four arrested in ASI death case in Tarn Taran
Amritsar: Four people have been arrested by Tarn Taran police after the death of an Assistant Sub Inspector (ASI) under mysterious circumstances.
DIG Border Range Amritsar Parmraj Umranangal said on Friday that a total of nine were booked and so far only four were arrested under Section 304 of the IPC (culpable homicide not amounting to murder).
Kulbir Singh`s body was found on Tuesday night at Geobala village in the border district of Tarn Taran.
The ASI was part of a police team conducting raid at a meeting of farmers unions who were planning to disrupt rail traffic to press for their demands.
According to the police, when the team reached the spot, they were allegedly held hostage by the farmers.
However, farmers have alleged that the ASI was drunk, he panicked after seeing the huge gathering and ran away from the spot, following which he got a heart attack.
The family members of the police officer have claimed that he was beaten to death by the farmers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- US Open 2016: Saketh Myneni a step closer to main draw
- Tata Motors profits fall on weak Jaguar Land Rover sales
- Russia to pay bonuses to athletes barred from Rio Olympics 2016
- Scorpene data leak unintentional, navy will address all concerns: Parrikar
- Day/Night Duleep Trophy: India Red crush India Green by 219 runs