Four children killed as train hits tempo
Ferozepur: Four school children were killed when the tempo they were travelling in was hit by a passenger train at an unmanned level crossing near Theh Kalendar village in Punjab`s Ferozepur district amid dense fog Saturday morning.
The tempo carrying the children developed some problem while it was crossing the track. When the driver of the tempo got out to push the vehicle, it was hit by the
Fazalka-Ferozepur passenger train, DRM Ferozepur Vishwesh Chowbey said.
The driver escaped unhurt.
The deceased school children included two boys, aged four and five years, and two girls aged around 8 years. They all belonged to Chandmari village in Fazilka sub-division.
Police sources said there was dense fog in the morning due to which visibility was poor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29