Four children killed as train hits tempo
Ferozepur: Four school children were killed when the tempo they were travelling in was hit by a passenger train at an unmanned level crossing near Theh Kalendar village in Punjab`s Ferozepur district amid dense fog Saturday morning.
The tempo carrying the children developed some problem while it was crossing the track. When the driver of the tempo got out to push the vehicle, it was hit by the
Fazalka-Ferozepur passenger train, DRM Ferozepur Vishwesh Chowbey said.
The driver escaped unhurt.
The deceased school children included two boys, aged four and five years, and two girls aged around 8 years. They all belonged to Chandmari village in Fazilka sub-division.
Police sources said there was dense fog in the morning due to which visibility was poor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum