Four get capital punishment for `honour killing`
Faridkot : A local court has
sentenced four persons to death after holding them guilty of
killing a 26-year-old man who had married one of the girls of
District and Sessions Judge Fatehdeep Singh yesterday
passed the order on Gurmukh Singh, Gurnaib Singh, Resham Singh
and Kulbir Sharma for murdering Gurpreet Singh two years ago.
The four are cousins and uncle of Manpreet Kaur whom
Gurpreet had married in November, 2008. The girl`s family was
against the marriage.
The judge cited a Supreme Court observation before
delivering the verdict.
On September 20, 2009, Gurpreet was bludgeoned to death
by the four when he was returning home from a fair. A
complaint was lodged by the victim`s brother Kuldeep against
the family of the girl.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Is it Hardik Patel in this viral MMS Sex Video?