Four get capital punishment for `honour killing`
Faridkot : A local court has
sentenced four persons to death after holding them guilty of
killing a 26-year-old man who had married one of the girls of
District and Sessions Judge Fatehdeep Singh yesterday
passed the order on Gurmukh Singh, Gurnaib Singh, Resham Singh
and Kulbir Sharma for murdering Gurpreet Singh two years ago.
The four are cousins and uncle of Manpreet Kaur whom
Gurpreet had married in November, 2008. The girl`s family was
against the marriage.
The judge cited a Supreme Court observation before
delivering the verdict.
On September 20, 2009, Gurpreet was bludgeoned to death
by the four when he was returning home from a fair. A
complaint was lodged by the victim`s brother Kuldeep against
the family of the girl.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official