Four get capital punishment for `honour killing`
Faridkot : A local court has
sentenced four persons to death after holding them guilty of
killing a 26-year-old man who had married one of the girls of
District and Sessions Judge Fatehdeep Singh yesterday
passed the order on Gurmukh Singh, Gurnaib Singh, Resham Singh
and Kulbir Sharma for murdering Gurpreet Singh two years ago.
The four are cousins and uncle of Manpreet Kaur whom
Gurpreet had married in November, 2008. The girl`s family was
against the marriage.
The judge cited a Supreme Court observation before
delivering the verdict.
On September 20, 2009, Gurpreet was bludgeoned to death
by the four when he was returning home from a fair. A
complaint was lodged by the victim`s brother Kuldeep against
the family of the girl.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster