Four get capital punishment for `honour killing`
Faridkot : A local court has
sentenced four persons to death after holding them guilty of
killing a 26-year-old man who had married one of the girls of
District and Sessions Judge Fatehdeep Singh yesterday
passed the order on Gurmukh Singh, Gurnaib Singh, Resham Singh
and Kulbir Sharma for murdering Gurpreet Singh two years ago.
The four are cousins and uncle of Manpreet Kaur whom
Gurpreet had married in November, 2008. The girl`s family was
against the marriage.
The judge cited a Supreme Court observation before
delivering the verdict.
On September 20, 2009, Gurpreet was bludgeoned to death
by the four when he was returning home from a fair. A
complaint was lodged by the victim`s brother Kuldeep against
the family of the girl.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP