Four gets lifer in Reema Jain murder case
Ludhiana: A local court on Monday sentenced four persons to life imprisonment in the infamous Reema Jain murder case.
Additional Sessions Judge S S Panessar held Anil Jain alias Mickki Jain, Tarsem Singh alias Boni, Kuldip Singh alias Neelu and Kuldip Singh guilty in the case and pronounced the verdict on them.
The verdict came seven-and-a-half-years after the gruesome murder of Reema Jain, a business woman.
According to the prosecution sources, Reema Jain had left her home for Sutlej club for morning exercise on July 29, 2005.
She was kidnapped and taken to the factory of her husband`s elder brother Mickki Jain where she was forcibly made to sign certain property documents and killed by Jain and his accomplices.
Later, the body was thrown into the sceptic tank of the factory.
Her body was recovered in a highly decomposed state from the tank by the police after almost one year.
Samples of DNA from the remnants of the body were matched with the DNA of her mother to establish her identity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder