Four killed, 30 injured as vehicle falls from bridge in Punjab
Kapurthala: Four persons were killed and 30 injured when the vehicle they were travelling in fell off a bridge near Subhanpur village on Jalandhar-Amrtisar national highway near here on Saturday, police said.
The deceased have been identified as driver Balraj Singh (55), Balbir Jirdi (52), Pritam Dass (50) and Sukhwinder Kumar (32), all residents of Jalandhar district.
The passengers were going to Dera Beas near Amritsar when the accident occurred. All the injured have been admitted to Dera Beas hospital.
A case has been registered in this regard, police said, adding initial reports suggested the driver`s negligence for the accident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister