Four separate cases of eve teasing in Chandigarh, two held
Chandigarh: Two persons were arrested in four separate cases of eve teasing reported in the city on Wednesday, police said.
In the first case, a driver was arrested for allegedly passing lewd comments and making obscene gestures to a girl near ISBT-17 here, a police statement said.
The accused was later released on bail.
In another incident, a person was arrested for allegedly threatening and passing objectionable comments on a girl in the Sector-40 area, they said.
A Case under various sections of IPC was registered against him at the Sector 39 police station.
In the third incident, three motorcycle-borne youth sped away after passing insulting comments to a girl near the roundabout of Sectors 32/33/45/46.
A case has been registered against all the three unidentified persons and efforts are on to trace them, they said.
In the fourth incident, a woman alleged that an unidentified caller threatened and passed objectionable remarks against her, police said.
A case under various sections of IPC has been registered against the accused at the Sector 26 police station.
An investigation into all the cases is on, they said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani