Four separate cases of eve teasing in Chandigarh, two held
Chandigarh: Two persons were arrested in four separate cases of eve teasing reported in the city on Wednesday, police said.
In the first case, a driver was arrested for allegedly passing lewd comments and making obscene gestures to a girl near ISBT-17 here, a police statement said.
The accused was later released on bail.
In another incident, a person was arrested for allegedly threatening and passing objectionable comments on a girl in the Sector-40 area, they said.
A Case under various sections of IPC was registered against him at the Sector 39 police station.
In the third incident, three motorcycle-borne youth sped away after passing insulting comments to a girl near the roundabout of Sectors 32/33/45/46.
A case has been registered against all the three unidentified persons and efforts are on to trace them, they said.
In the fourth incident, a woman alleged that an unidentified caller threatened and passed objectionable remarks against her, police said.
A case under various sections of IPC has been registered against the accused at the Sector 26 police station.
An investigation into all the cases is on, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured