Free treatment for school children in Punjab
Chandigarh: School children suffering from any ailment will avail free treatment in government hospitals under the schools health programme in Punjab.
Earlier, free treatment was being provided to students government and government-aided schools for heart ailment, Cancer and Thalassemia but now all diseases have been covered under the programme, an official spokesman said here on Tuesday.
Regular health check-ups were being carried out for 28 lakh students studying in 19,826 government and government-aided schools each year with the aim of prevention and early diagnosis of any disease and ailment, he said.
Till date 1,652 students suffering from heart diseases have been referred to PGI Chandigarh and other territory hospitals for treatment.
As many as 791 children have been operated upon at a cost of Rs 745.82 lakh and 167 students suffering from cancer referred to PGI, Chandigarh and 87 to Ludhiana for treatment and Rs 1.85 crore has already been used for their treatment till July this year, he said.
121 cases of Thalassemia have been referred to various Thalassemic societies in Punjab till July this year, the spokesman said.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- PCB clears Younis Khan after accepting his apology
- Check cgbse.nic.in, www.cgbse.net for Chhattisgarh Board CGBSE 10th X Class High School (HS) Exam Results 2016
- #CongressPlanningRiots is trending on Twitter. Here's why
- UMANG: This pan-India app will give you access to all government services
- CPI-M, BJP can't beat TMC in West Bengal, no post-poll alliance with Congress: Mamata Banerjee