Fresh complaint filed in girl`s thrashing incident in Punjab
Tarn Taran: A fresh criminal complaint was on Wednesday filed by the girl who was allegedly thrashed by policemen in full public view at Goindwal Road in the district.
The girl has filed a fresh complaint, alleging that she and her father were being thrashed by two cops on last Sunday when she complained to them after being eve-teased by a truck driver and his accomplices, Inspector General Police (IG) of Border Range Amritsar R P Mittal said.
The complaint would be probed by ADGP (Crime) Jasminder Singh who would be assisted by the IG border Range, Mittal said, adding that the probe in the case is now progressing on fast pace.
He said the ADGP (Crime) during the probe would also verify the the facts of the complaint.
The probe will be completed by tomorrow, the IG added.
Earlier, last evening vice chairman, National Commission for Schedule Caste (NCSC) Raj Kumar Verka who visited the girl at Tarn Taran has taken a serious note of the incident and asked the top police officials to complete the enquiry within a week period.
The 22-year-old girl was returning home along with her father after attending a marriage function when the accused started to tease her besides passing vulgar comments.
When she and her father approached the nearby police picket, both were beaten up by the policemen on duty, who allegedly let off the accused after accepting bribe, the girl said in her complaint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam