Fresh complaint filed in girl`s thrashing incident in Punjab
Tarn Taran: A fresh criminal complaint was on Wednesday filed by the girl who was allegedly thrashed by policemen in full public view at Goindwal Road in the district.
The girl has filed a fresh complaint, alleging that she and her father were being thrashed by two cops on last Sunday when she complained to them after being eve-teased by a truck driver and his accomplices, Inspector General Police (IG) of Border Range Amritsar R P Mittal said.
The complaint would be probed by ADGP (Crime) Jasminder Singh who would be assisted by the IG border Range, Mittal said, adding that the probe in the case is now progressing on fast pace.
He said the ADGP (Crime) during the probe would also verify the the facts of the complaint.
The probe will be completed by tomorrow, the IG added.
Earlier, last evening vice chairman, National Commission for Schedule Caste (NCSC) Raj Kumar Verka who visited the girl at Tarn Taran has taken a serious note of the incident and asked the top police officials to complete the enquiry within a week period.
The 22-year-old girl was returning home along with her father after attending a marriage function when the accused started to tease her besides passing vulgar comments.
When she and her father approached the nearby police picket, both were beaten up by the policemen on duty, who allegedly let off the accused after accepting bribe, the girl said in her complaint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'