Fuel price hike: Sukhbir demands immediate rollback
Moga: Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Saturday demanded an immediate rollback of the latest hike in fuel prices, saying the move was an attempt by the Congress-led UPA government to divert people`s attention from the VVIP chopper deal.
Terming the hike as totally unacceptable, he alleged the Congress was deliberately trying to destroy the economy of the country to cover its "misdeeds".
The rise in fuel prices was an attempt by the Congress to camouflage the chopper deal which was attracting widespread media attention, the SAD chief said.
Sukhbir was talking to reporters while campaigning for SAD-BJP candidate Joginder Pal Jain for the Moga Assembly by-poll.
Demanding an immediate rollback of the hike, he said in a single year, petrol prices had risen by Rs 12 while diesel had become dearer by Rs 8 per litre.
The latest increase, the Deputy Chief Minister said, would have cascading effect on prices of all commodities.
The SAD along with like-minded parties would steadfastly oppose all such decisions of the UPA government, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?