Fuel price hike: Sukhbir demands immediate rollback
Moga: Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Saturday demanded an immediate rollback of the latest hike in fuel prices, saying the move was an attempt by the Congress-led UPA government to divert people`s attention from the VVIP chopper deal.
Terming the hike as totally unacceptable, he alleged the Congress was deliberately trying to destroy the economy of the country to cover its "misdeeds".
The rise in fuel prices was an attempt by the Congress to camouflage the chopper deal which was attracting widespread media attention, the SAD chief said.
Sukhbir was talking to reporters while campaigning for SAD-BJP candidate Joginder Pal Jain for the Moga Assembly by-poll.
Demanding an immediate rollback of the hike, he said in a single year, petrol prices had risen by Rs 12 while diesel had become dearer by Rs 8 per litre.
The latest increase, the Deputy Chief Minister said, would have cascading effect on prices of all commodities.
The SAD along with like-minded parties would steadfastly oppose all such decisions of the UPA government, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi