Fuel price hike: Sukhbir demands immediate rollback
Moga: Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Saturday demanded an immediate rollback of the latest hike in fuel prices, saying the move was an attempt by the Congress-led UPA government to divert people`s attention from the VVIP chopper deal.
Terming the hike as totally unacceptable, he alleged the Congress was deliberately trying to destroy the economy of the country to cover its "misdeeds".
The rise in fuel prices was an attempt by the Congress to camouflage the chopper deal which was attracting widespread media attention, the SAD chief said.
Sukhbir was talking to reporters while campaigning for SAD-BJP candidate Joginder Pal Jain for the Moga Assembly by-poll.
Demanding an immediate rollback of the hike, he said in a single year, petrol prices had risen by Rs 12 while diesel had become dearer by Rs 8 per litre.
The latest increase, the Deputy Chief Minister said, would have cascading effect on prices of all commodities.
The SAD along with like-minded parties would steadfastly oppose all such decisions of the UPA government, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka