Fuel price hike: Sukhbir demands immediate rollback
Moga: Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Saturday demanded an immediate rollback of the latest hike in fuel prices, saying the move was an attempt by the Congress-led UPA government to divert people`s attention from the VVIP chopper deal.
Terming the hike as totally unacceptable, he alleged the Congress was deliberately trying to destroy the economy of the country to cover its "misdeeds".
The rise in fuel prices was an attempt by the Congress to camouflage the chopper deal which was attracting widespread media attention, the SAD chief said.
Sukhbir was talking to reporters while campaigning for SAD-BJP candidate Joginder Pal Jain for the Moga Assembly by-poll.
Demanding an immediate rollback of the hike, he said in a single year, petrol prices had risen by Rs 12 while diesel had become dearer by Rs 8 per litre.
The latest increase, the Deputy Chief Minister said, would have cascading effect on prices of all commodities.
The SAD along with like-minded parties would steadfastly oppose all such decisions of the UPA government, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India