Fuel price hike: Sukhbir demands immediate rollback
Moga: Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Saturday demanded an immediate rollback of the latest hike in fuel prices, saying the move was an attempt by the Congress-led UPA government to divert people`s attention from the VVIP chopper deal.
Terming the hike as totally unacceptable, he alleged the Congress was deliberately trying to destroy the economy of the country to cover its "misdeeds".
The rise in fuel prices was an attempt by the Congress to camouflage the chopper deal which was attracting widespread media attention, the SAD chief said.
Sukhbir was talking to reporters while campaigning for SAD-BJP candidate Joginder Pal Jain for the Moga Assembly by-poll.
Demanding an immediate rollback of the hike, he said in a single year, petrol prices had risen by Rs 12 while diesel had become dearer by Rs 8 per litre.
The latest increase, the Deputy Chief Minister said, would have cascading effect on prices of all commodities.
The SAD along with like-minded parties would steadfastly oppose all such decisions of the UPA government, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?