Funds not given to areas represented by Congress in Punjab: Tewari
Ludhiana: Union Minister Manish Tewari on Saturday accused SAD-BJP government of not distributing funds to the areas represented by Congress MLAs or MPs in Punjab.
Addressing a function at Arya Samaj Dharmshala here, the Information and Broadcasting minister said Punjab is lagging behind due to the "discriminating" approach of the Akali-BJP government.
"No fund is being provided to the area which is being represented by the Congress," he alleged.
The local MP asserted that discriminating policy is not going to succeed.
Despite the misuse of official machinery and pressures in the recent Panchayat polls, a number of Congressmen have been elected Panches and Sarpanches, he said.
- Seven of marriage party electrocuted in Telangana
- IS-linked cell in Morocco planned attack in Brussels
- NDRF says ‘fire out in 70% of affected areas’, Centre sends team to probe Uttarakhand forest fires
- Major shift in Modi govt’s stand on Hurriyat leaders as VK Singh says ‘they are citizens of India’?
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Sona Mohapatra slams Adhyayan Suman - Here's why