Gang members arrested in Punjab
Sri Muktsar Sahib: Police Monday claimed to
have nabbed a gang of criminals allegedly involved in a number of cases of dacoity, looting, theft and also recovered arms and ammunition from their possession.
On a tip off, the police arrested three accused identified as Narinder alias Geja, Bhim Sen alias Bhima and Kamal Sharma near the Abohar Canal Bridge in an abandoned government quarters, SSP Surjit Singh said.
While remaining accused Gaurav Kumar alias Gora, Jaspit Singh alias Jassa and Prince Kumar, all residents of Malout, managed to escape.
The gang was planning for a dacoity in the area of Malout on Sunday afternoon, the SSP claimed.
The police has also recovered five pistols, 16 live cartridges, two 12 bore guns from the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion