Gang members arrested in Punjab
Sri Muktsar Sahib: Police Monday claimed to
have nabbed a gang of criminals allegedly involved in a number of cases of dacoity, looting, theft and also recovered arms and ammunition from their possession.
On a tip off, the police arrested three accused identified as Narinder alias Geja, Bhim Sen alias Bhima and Kamal Sharma near the Abohar Canal Bridge in an abandoned government quarters, SSP Surjit Singh said.
While remaining accused Gaurav Kumar alias Gora, Jaspit Singh alias Jassa and Prince Kumar, all residents of Malout, managed to escape.
The gang was planning for a dacoity in the area of Malout on Sunday afternoon, the SSP claimed.
The police has also recovered five pistols, 16 live cartridges, two 12 bore guns from the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"