Girl commits suicide after being teased by classmate
Amritsar: Upset after being allegedly teased and harassed by her classmate, a 17-year-old girl committed suicide by consuming poisonous substance in Tarn Taran district.
The girl ended her life yesterday, police said.
As per the FIR lodged by the victim`s uncle, the girl studying in the local Government School was being teased and harassed for the last few weeks allegedly by her classmate Jagrup Singh.
The girl`s uncle said the matter was reported to the Principal of the school a number of times. The girl was also allegedly stopped by the accused many times on her way to school, according to the complaint.
Deputy Superintendent of Police Harpal Singh said a case of abetment to suicide against the accused Jagrup Singh has been registered.
Efforts were on to nab the accused who is absconding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’