Girl gang-raped, filmed and thrown out of moving car in Punjab
Chandigarh: A 24-year-old woman, currently out on bail in a case, has alleged that she was raped by two men after being abducted from Chandigarh and later thrown out of a car in Bathinda district, police said on Monday.
In her complaint to the Bathinda Police, the woman has alleged that she was abducted from outside the Sector 43 inter-state bus terminus in Chandigarh on Friday by two women and two men.
The victim, who hails from Moga district, has alleged that she was raped by two unidentified men and thrown out of a moving car last evening near Sangat Mandi in Bathinda.
SSP Bathinda Ravicharan Brar said they were looking into case.
He said the victim had been booked in an attempt to murder case registered in Fazilka, Punjab, a year back.
She was currently out on bail, Brar told a news agency.
Giving further details, he said the victim, who is a nurse, was earlier working in Bathinda where she came in contact with a married man, Sunil.
"Sunil and the victim developed relations. In the meanwhile, Sunil`s wife tested HIV positive. Sunil`s wife lodged a complaint against her husband and the victim (the woman who now alleges rape). While Sunil is still lodged in a jail, this woman (rape victim) was out on bail," Brar said.
As per the FIR now lodged by the Bathinda Police, Brar said the woman has claimed that she had gone to Patiala a few days back after a friend had told her about a job interview in Mohali on January 18.
"She alleges that when she arrived at the Sector 43 bus stand, two women--Sunil`s wife and his mother--and two unknown men who were in the car pulled her inside. She says she was injected some drugs and sedatives. The woman has alleged that she was raped...She was later thrown out of the car," he said.
Brar said that a case under various Sections of the IPC had been registered.
"We are investigating the case," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...