Girl kidnapped, raped in Punjab
Moga: A 20-year-old girl of Lohgarh village here was allegedly kidnapped from Dharamkot bus stand by a youth, who raped her for a week at different places including Shimla, police said on Tuesaday.
The police last evening registered a case of kidnapping and rape against the accused identified as Kapil Dev.
Dev`s father Kewal Singh, mother Baljit Kaur and one other relative have also been booked for conniving in the crime.
Accused Dev took the victim to Shimla where she was raped, then she was brought to Jagraon, near Ludhiana, where she was again raped and her signatures taken on blank papers, police said.
Yesterday, Dev left the victim on the outskirts of Lohgarh village and escaped.
As soon as the victim reached her house, she narrated the whole story to her parents following which her father lodged a case with the Dharamkot Police.
According to police, no arrests were made and the victim will be medically examined today.
Police said the victim was kidnapped from Dharamkot Bus Stand about 10 days back where she was waiting to catch a bus.
The accused Kapil Dev arrived at the bus stand and asked the victim that he had come from her village to take her back because her father had fallen seriously ill.
Police said that as soon as she heard the news she fell down and the accused then gave her water laced with sedatives after which she became unconscious.
Later, she was taken to Shimla in some vehicle where she was kept for seven days and raped. Then the accused brought her to Jagraon where she was kept for two days and again raped by the accused, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?