Girl kidnapping: After DIG, SSP, now DSP shifted
Faridkot: Facing flak from failing to solve the kidnapping of a teenage girl, Faridkot DSP Gurmeet Singh was on Saturday transferred to Moga.
Today`s transfer came two days after DIG Ferozepur range PS Umranangal and SSP Faridkot Gurinder Singh Dhillon were shunted out.
Members of Citizen Action Committee have been demanding the transfer of Gurmeet Singh accusing him of "protecting" the abductors of the 16-year-old girl.
Trade unions had held a protest rally at Faridkot and enforced a shutdown in three towns of the district in protest against the police`s alleged failure to recover the girl.
The new SSP of Faridkot Gurpreet Singh Toor today met the members of citizen action committee and assured them that the kidnappers of the girl would be arrested soon and she would also be recovered.
The girl was kidnapped at gunpoint on September 24 in full public view and his alleged abductor Nishan Singh had fired shots.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi