Girl kidnapping: After DIG, SSP, now DSP shifted
Faridkot: Facing flak from failing to solve the kidnapping of a teenage girl, Faridkot DSP Gurmeet Singh was on Saturday transferred to Moga.
Today`s transfer came two days after DIG Ferozepur range PS Umranangal and SSP Faridkot Gurinder Singh Dhillon were shunted out.
Members of Citizen Action Committee have been demanding the transfer of Gurmeet Singh accusing him of "protecting" the abductors of the 16-year-old girl.
Trade unions had held a protest rally at Faridkot and enforced a shutdown in three towns of the district in protest against the police`s alleged failure to recover the girl.
The new SSP of Faridkot Gurpreet Singh Toor today met the members of citizen action committee and assured them that the kidnappers of the girl would be arrested soon and she would also be recovered.
The girl was kidnapped at gunpoint on September 24 in full public view and his alleged abductor Nishan Singh had fired shots.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why