Girl kidnapping: After DIG, SSP, now DSP shifted
Faridkot: Facing flak from failing to solve the kidnapping of a teenage girl, Faridkot DSP Gurmeet Singh was on Saturday transferred to Moga.
Today`s transfer came two days after DIG Ferozepur range PS Umranangal and SSP Faridkot Gurinder Singh Dhillon were shunted out.
Members of Citizen Action Committee have been demanding the transfer of Gurmeet Singh accusing him of "protecting" the abductors of the 16-year-old girl.
Trade unions had held a protest rally at Faridkot and enforced a shutdown in three towns of the district in protest against the police`s alleged failure to recover the girl.
The new SSP of Faridkot Gurpreet Singh Toor today met the members of citizen action committee and assured them that the kidnappers of the girl would be arrested soon and she would also be recovered.
The girl was kidnapped at gunpoint on September 24 in full public view and his alleged abductor Nishan Singh had fired shots.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today