Girl kidnapping: After DIG, SSP, now DSP shifted
Faridkot: Facing flak from failing to solve the kidnapping of a teenage girl, Faridkot DSP Gurmeet Singh was on Saturday transferred to Moga.
Today`s transfer came two days after DIG Ferozepur range PS Umranangal and SSP Faridkot Gurinder Singh Dhillon were shunted out.
Members of Citizen Action Committee have been demanding the transfer of Gurmeet Singh accusing him of "protecting" the abductors of the 16-year-old girl.
Trade unions had held a protest rally at Faridkot and enforced a shutdown in three towns of the district in protest against the police`s alleged failure to recover the girl.
The new SSP of Faridkot Gurpreet Singh Toor today met the members of citizen action committee and assured them that the kidnappers of the girl would be arrested soon and she would also be recovered.
The girl was kidnapped at gunpoint on September 24 in full public view and his alleged abductor Nishan Singh had fired shots.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video