Girl student beaten up in government school, admitted to ICU
Amritsar: A 16-year-old girl was on Friday admitted to a private nursing home after she was allegedly beaten up by a woman teacher in a government school at Rajasansi area here, police said.
Neha, a class tenth student, was kept on life support system and is in a critical condition, doctors attending her said, adding that she was still in state of shock.
The victim`s parents reported the matter to the police but so far no action has been initiated against the accused woman teacher.
In an another incident, Sumanpreet Kaur, a class eighth student of a private school in Ajnala was admitted to a local hospital in a serious condition after she was beaten up by a male teacher of the institute.
The matter was reported to Ajnala police station by Surinder Singh, father of the victim.
Singh told media persons that girl was still in the ICU of the local hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre