Girl student beaten up in government school, admitted to ICU
Amritsar: A 16-year-old girl was on Friday admitted to a private nursing home after she was allegedly beaten up by a woman teacher in a government school at Rajasansi area here, police said.
Neha, a class tenth student, was kept on life support system and is in a critical condition, doctors attending her said, adding that she was still in state of shock.
The victim`s parents reported the matter to the police but so far no action has been initiated against the accused woman teacher.
In an another incident, Sumanpreet Kaur, a class eighth student of a private school in Ajnala was admitted to a local hospital in a serious condition after she was beaten up by a male teacher of the institute.
The matter was reported to Ajnala police station by Surinder Singh, father of the victim.
Singh told media persons that girl was still in the ICU of the local hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Bihar polls: Alert sounded ahead of PM Modi's rallies in Bihar
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook