Girl student beaten up in government school, admitted to ICU
Amritsar: A 16-year-old girl was on Friday admitted to a private nursing home after she was allegedly beaten up by a woman teacher in a government school at Rajasansi area here, police said.
Neha, a class tenth student, was kept on life support system and is in a critical condition, doctors attending her said, adding that she was still in state of shock.
The victim`s parents reported the matter to the police but so far no action has been initiated against the accused woman teacher.
In an another incident, Sumanpreet Kaur, a class eighth student of a private school in Ajnala was admitted to a local hospital in a serious condition after she was beaten up by a male teacher of the institute.
The matter was reported to Ajnala police station by Surinder Singh, father of the victim.
Singh told media persons that girl was still in the ICU of the local hospital.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev