Girl student beaten up in government school, admitted to ICU
Amritsar: A 16-year-old girl was on Friday admitted to a private nursing home after she was allegedly beaten up by a woman teacher in a government school at Rajasansi area here, police said.
Neha, a class tenth student, was kept on life support system and is in a critical condition, doctors attending her said, adding that she was still in state of shock.
The victim`s parents reported the matter to the police but so far no action has been initiated against the accused woman teacher.
In an another incident, Sumanpreet Kaur, a class eighth student of a private school in Ajnala was admitted to a local hospital in a serious condition after she was beaten up by a male teacher of the institute.
The matter was reported to Ajnala police station by Surinder Singh, father of the victim.
Singh told media persons that girl was still in the ICU of the local hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire