Girl student beaten up in government school, admitted to ICU
Amritsar: A 16-year-old girl was on Friday admitted to a private nursing home after she was allegedly beaten up by a woman teacher in a government school at Rajasansi area here, police said.
Neha, a class tenth student, was kept on life support system and is in a critical condition, doctors attending her said, adding that she was still in state of shock.
The victim`s parents reported the matter to the police but so far no action has been initiated against the accused woman teacher.
In an another incident, Sumanpreet Kaur, a class eighth student of a private school in Ajnala was admitted to a local hospital in a serious condition after she was beaten up by a male teacher of the institute.
The matter was reported to Ajnala police station by Surinder Singh, father of the victim.
Singh told media persons that girl was still in the ICU of the local hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?