Gogoi asks judicial officers to develop self discipline
Chandigarh: Punjab and Haryana High Court
Chief Justice Ranjan Gogoi on Sunday asked judicial officers to
develop self discipline in their lives as people expected them
to be role models.
"What is expected of a judge is self discipline. You
have to develop self discipline in yourself...A judge is focus
of attention in the court. The conduct of the proceedings
requires the judge to be a role model," Justice Gogoi told the
newly-recruited judicial officers here.
He suggested them that if the briefs of the cases which
are fixed for next day are read the previous night, the files
can be disposed of effectively.
The 6th Induction Training Programme for newly-recruited
82 Judicial Officers from Haryana commenced at Chandigarh`s
Judicial Academy today.
Justice Gogoi, who is also Patron-in-Chief of the
Judicial Academy in Sector 43 here, was speaking after
inaugurating the programme.
He urged the judicial officers to be polite, yet firm,
to the advocates.
"Judgments should not be kept pending. If the case is
complicated, jot down the points," he said, adding judicial
powers should be used for public good.
He congratulated the?newly-appointed officers stating
that they are the best as they have been selected out of
10,000 applicants and have broken the myth that "the best do
not come into law."
"Best are coming into the law and choosing career in
judicial service," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Analysing the murder mystery of Sheena Bora case- Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack