Gogoi asks judicial officers to develop self discipline
Chandigarh: Punjab and Haryana High Court
Chief Justice Ranjan Gogoi on Sunday asked judicial officers to
develop self discipline in their lives as people expected them
to be role models.
"What is expected of a judge is self discipline. You
have to develop self discipline in yourself...A judge is focus
of attention in the court. The conduct of the proceedings
requires the judge to be a role model," Justice Gogoi told the
newly-recruited judicial officers here.
He suggested them that if the briefs of the cases which
are fixed for next day are read the previous night, the files
can be disposed of effectively.
The 6th Induction Training Programme for newly-recruited
82 Judicial Officers from Haryana commenced at Chandigarh`s
Judicial Academy today.
Justice Gogoi, who is also Patron-in-Chief of the
Judicial Academy in Sector 43 here, was speaking after
inaugurating the programme.
He urged the judicial officers to be polite, yet firm,
to the advocates.
"Judgments should not be kept pending. If the case is
complicated, jot down the points," he said, adding judicial
powers should be used for public good.
He congratulated the?newly-appointed officers stating
that they are the best as they have been selected out of
10,000 applicants and have broken the myth that "the best do
not come into law."
"Best are coming into the law and choosing career in
judicial service," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics