Goods train derails in Punjab, no injuries
Ludhiana: Six coaches of a goods train derailed near a railway station here in Punjab Wednesday. No one was injured.
The train, going from Ambala to Ludhiana`s dry port, ran off the tracks near Dhandari Kalan railway station and hit electricity poles, disrupting rail traffic and power supply.
In the process, the Amritsar-Delhi Shatabdi Express and Greebrath Express were delayed for nearly three hours, an official said.
Ludhiana, the industrial hub of Punjab, is around 100 km from Chandigarh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh